- Play a leading role in an organisation making social change
- Develop and implement impact measurement frameworks across diverse projects
- Initially offered as a two-year contract with part time hours considered
The Public Interest Advocacy Centre is a leading social justice law and policy centre. We build a fairer, stronger society by helping to change laws, policies and practices that cause injustice and inequality. Our work combines:
- legal advice and representation, specialising in test cases and strategic casework;
- research, analysis and policy development; and
- advocacy for systems change and public interest outcomes
Our priorities include reducing homelessness, First Nations justice, climate change and social justice, equality and non-discrimination, asylum seeker health rights and the fair use of police powers. We actively seek to collaborate and partner in our work to maximise its impact.
PIAC offers a dynamic workplace where wellbeing is promoted and flexibility supported.
Reporting to the CEO, you will help develop impact frameworks for all major PIAC projects and:
- Support new project design across PIAC to ensure a focus on impact and alignment with PIAC’s purpose and strategic goals
- Manage evidence/data collection and processes for review and evaluation of PIAC’s work
You have knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and the challenges faced by organisations undertaking systemic advocacy, with a proven ability to think strategically. Your experience includes:
- Working with theories of change and/or program logic methodology and impact/outcomes measurement frameworks
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Evidence-gathering and data collection systems and processes
If you want to help us build our capacity for delivering and measuring our impact, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the selection criteria included in the position description to firstname.lastname@example.org, including Impact Manager in the subject field.
Inquiries should be directed to Annie Barker via email@example.com
Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Practical Legal Training Placements
Please note we are not currently recruiting for PLT positions.
PIAC regularly has positions available for Practical Legal Training (PLT) placements. The placements are unpaid but reasonable travel costs are reimbursed.
PLTs are supervised by a Senior Solicitor within our strategic litigation team, and have an opportunity to work with lawyers and policy officers across our organisation.
The major projects currently being undertaken by PIAC with a strong legal component include the generalist strategic litigation practice and the Indigenous Justice Program.
PIAC’s strategic litigation team conduct high impact strategic litigation that achieves positive outcomes for significant groups of disadvantaged people. We bring test cases that create important legal precedents that protect human rights and promote social justice for disadvantaged people.
The Volunteer PLT Placement contributes to the provision of a successful, innovative, and responsive legal practice through assisting with PIAC’s telephone information and advice service and with PIAC’s litigation and associated policy and law reform, training and administrative work.
We accept students who have completed or are close to completion of their law degree, and we ask PLTs to commit to a minimum of 3 days per week, for a minimum of 60 days in total.
We particularly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to apply.
For further information about future recruitment of PLTs, please contact Solicitor, Strategic Litigation Erin Turner Manners by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.