At the Public Interest Advocacy Centre, we’re passionate about social justice.
For us, social justice means giving people a fair chance at a good life. That’s why our work is focused on removing barriers like discrimination and changing systems that are unlawful or unfair.
We see our impact in the many changes we help create: making air travel more accessible for wheelchair users, developing ground-breaking legal resources that empower First Nations truth-telling, securing access to adequate healthcare for people in immigration detention and winding back excessive use of police powers.
To do this work, we need your help. So I’m asking you to consider making a tax-deductible donation.
Your donation will allow us to:
- Tackle systemic racism in our child protection system, to reduce the numbers of Aboriginal children being removed from their families
- Support the disability sector to make the NDIS work better for people with disability
- Campaign to raise the age of criminal responsibility to 14 and prevent children becoming entrenched in the criminal legal system
- Provide free specialist legal help for the growing number of women facing homelessness
- Ensure low-income households can access sustainable energy and water that is affordable as we transition to a zero-carbon energy system.
PIAC turns 40 this year and we’re proud of what we’ve achieved in that time. As we look forward to the next 40, we ask for you to join us to help achieve social justice for more people and communities.