In 2016 two blind Australians launched a discrimination case against the Commonwealth Bank, arguing a touch screen device used in many stores and restaurants was virtually impossible for them to use safely and securely.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Apr 2021‘Shield not a sword’: Committee backs new religious freedom laws
- 31 Mar 2021Attorney General should be wary of ‘Religious Freedom’ minefield as Committee leaves problems unresolved
- 10 Mar 2021ASIC v TAL Federal Court decision highlights poor practices of insurers in relation to mental health
- 10 Feb 2021Mental health insurance problems to be exacerbated by COVID-19
- 24 Nov 2020Test case challenges the misuse of handcuffs against detained asylum seekers