In 2016 two blind Australians launched a discrimination case against the Commonwealth Bank, arguing a touch screen device used in many stores and restaurants was virtually impossible for them to use safely and securely.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 18 Nov 2022Sydney may be hosting WorldPride but the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act is a source of shame
- 28 Oct 20222SER interview: UN calls on Australia to act on TV accessibility
- 12 Oct 2022"It's the system that's the problem". How airlines are failing people with disability
- 4 Oct 2022UN recommends Australia legislate on audio descriptions
- 4 Oct 2022Lack of audio descriptions on Australian TV a human rights breach, UN committee finds