The submission comments on the Code of Conduct for Members of the NSW Parliament. Comments focus on the the need for a Parliamentary Standards Commissioner and regulations to prevent members of parliament from undertaking lobbying activities for 18 months after leaving office. The submission also recommends improvements to reporting requirements and that members of parliament be banned from participating in party fundraisers.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 4 Feb 2022Extremely disappointing reports fail to address fundamental problems in Religious Discrimination Bill
- 7 Sep 2017High Court declares government’s same-sex marriage vote lawful
- 6 Sep 2017Government confident of winning High Court challenge against marriage survey
- 6 Sep 2017Postal survey on same-sex marriage 'unique and offensive', high court told
- 5 Sep 2017Same-sex marriage survey funded by 'executive fiat' is illegal