In October 2009, NSW Fair Trading released a draft Residential Tenancy Bill. In this response, the Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) highlights the impact of the draft bill on those experiencing homelessness (particularly people living in boarding and rooming houses). PIAC recommends that the draft Bill be amended to cover crisis accommodation and boarding and rooming houses. PIAC also recommends the Bill remove ‘without grounds’ as a valid reason for termination of a tenancy agreement.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 6 Sep 2022Homelessness, disability and institutional neglect
- 13 Jul 20222SER interview: housing affordability crisis
- 16 Nov 2021Disability pension not enough to buy food
- 13 May 2021Forum: Policing Public Space
- 29 May 2020Public forum today: Sector leaders call for urgent measures to end homelessness post COVID-19