This submission proposes an integrated consumer advocacy framework, which acknowledges consumer advice and advocacy networks built by the community sector; state and territory responsibilities; and the Australian Government. It recommends the framework form the foundation on which the Australian Government leads consumer policy, research and advocacy.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability