This submission proposes an integrated consumer advocacy framework, which acknowledges consumer advice and advocacy networks built by the community sector; state and territory responsibilities; and the Australian Government. It recommends the framework form the foundation on which the Australian Government leads consumer policy, research and advocacy.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office