This submission proposes an integrated consumer advocacy framework, which acknowledges consumer advice and advocacy networks built by the community sector; state and territory responsibilities; and the Australian Government. It recommends the framework form the foundation on which the Australian Government leads consumer policy, research and advocacy.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 Nov 20232SER: Uncovering misuse of handcuffs in immigration detention
- 17 Nov 20232SER: Fighting the NDIS age cap at the UN
- 16 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuff case against Serco, govt
- 15 Nov 2023Commonwealth settles case with asylum seeker who missed medical appointments because of handcuff PTSD
- 15 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuffing case against the Commonwealth