This submission was prepared for the Commonwealth Senate Select Committee on Climate Policy. Whilst arguing that effective climate policy is important to the interests of low-income and vulnerable households, PIAC highlights the need to ensure that climate policy does not undermine the goals of the social welfare system. To achieve this, co-ordinated energy efficiency programs must be a core component of the Government’s climate change response.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 3 Dec 2021New report: Two years after Medevac, asylum seekers still waiting in hotels for urgent medical treatment
- 24 Nov 2021Parliament must reject ‘worse than feared’ Religious Discrimination Bill
- 21 Nov 2021Opinion: Australia must raise the age of responsibility to 14 or keep trapping children in a quicksand of criminality
- 17 Nov 2021Opinion: Religious Discrimination Bill still discriminates against many, despite removal of Folau clause
- 17 Nov 2021Axing ‘Folau clause’ small step forward, but bigger problems remain in Religious Discrimination Bill