This submission was prepared for the Commonwealth Senate Select Committee on Climate Policy. Whilst arguing that effective climate policy is important to the interests of low-income and vulnerable households, PIAC highlights the need to ensure that climate policy does not undermine the goals of the social welfare system. To achieve this, co-ordinated energy efficiency programs must be a core component of the Government’s climate change response.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office