This submission was prepared for the Commonwealth Senate Select Committee on Climate Policy. Whilst arguing that effective climate policy is important to the interests of low-income and vulnerable households, PIAC highlights the need to ensure that climate policy does not undermine the goals of the social welfare system. To achieve this, co-ordinated energy efficiency programs must be a core component of the Government’s climate change response.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 27 May 2022Welcome news: increased financial assistance for NSW households facing rising energy bills
- 18 May 2022Facing the Truth about Indigenous Australians
- 18 May 2022Law faces the truth on Indigenous impact
- 16 May 2022Disability discrimination case highlights challenges faced by airline customers travelling with electric wheelchairs
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall