This submission was prepared for the Commonwealth Senate Select Committee on Climate Policy. Whilst arguing that effective climate policy is important to the interests of low-income and vulnerable households, PIAC highlights the need to ensure that climate policy does not undermine the goals of the social welfare system. To achieve this, co-ordinated energy efficiency programs must be a core component of the Government’s climate change response.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 6 Oct 20222SER interview: Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention
- 4 Oct 2022UN recommends Australia legislate on audio descriptions
- 4 Oct 2022Lack of audio descriptions on Australian TV a human rights breach, UN committee finds
- 3 Oct 2022UN says Australia must ensure equal access to free-to-air TV for people who are blind or vision impaired
- 22 Sep 20222SER interview: Sri Lanka conflict map