Submission to the ‘Improving NSW rental laws’ consultation Alternative formats available on request to PIAC - Contact PIAC
PIAC made a submission to the NSW Department of Customer Service’s ‘Improving NSW Rental Laws’ consultation paper.
Reform of tenancy legislation is urgently needed to provide a fair and transparent framework, adequate protection, and housing security to people who rent their home.
Our submission recommended:
- Removing ‘no-grounds’ lease terminations
- A new model for keeping pets
- Protecting renters’ personal information
- A portable rental bond scheme
- Better standards for energy and water in rental properties