PIAC responded to the AER’s issues paper on access to dispute resolution services for exempt customers. PIAC strongly supports providing exempt customers with access to binding dispute resolution processes through their state energy ombudsman. Exempt customers are those whose electricity services are provided by a seller which is exempt from some obligations paced on retailers and distribution network businesses. This includes customers in embedded networks and includes some apartment blocks, caravan parks, shopping centres and retirement villages.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable