PIAC responded to the AER’s issues paper on access to dispute resolution services for exempt customers. PIAC strongly supports providing exempt customers with access to binding dispute resolution processes through their state energy ombudsman. Exempt customers are those whose electricity services are provided by a seller which is exempt from some obligations paced on retailers and distribution network businesses. This includes customers in embedded networks and includes some apartment blocks, caravan parks, shopping centres and retirement villages.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills