PIAC responded to the AER’s issues paper on access to dispute resolution services for exempt customers. PIAC strongly supports providing exempt customers with access to binding dispute resolution processes through their state energy ombudsman. Exempt customers are those whose electricity services are provided by a seller which is exempt from some obligations paced on retailers and distribution network businesses. This includes customers in embedded networks and includes some apartment blocks, caravan parks, shopping centres and retirement villages.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 25 Feb 20222SER interview re Renewable Energy Zones
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned