PIAC responded to the AER’s issues paper on access to dispute resolution services for exempt customers. PIAC strongly supports providing exempt customers with access to binding dispute resolution processes through their state energy ombudsman. Exempt customers are those whose electricity services are provided by a seller which is exempt from some obligations paced on retailers and distribution network businesses. This includes customers in embedded networks and includes some apartment blocks, caravan parks, shopping centres and retirement villages.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals