The AEMC’s preferred rule change is disappointing and does not address the issues raised by the proponents. PIAC strongly supported the principle behind the rule change proposal. We agree with the other consumer groups that it is a narrow response and will impact consumers negatively. PIAC supports the Institute of Sustainable Future’s recommendation that the AEMC either retract its preferred rule and issue a discussion paper, or undertake further modelling that examines the effects on consumer costs over time, including alternative structures for the LGNC.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies