This submission responds to the Australian Energy Regulator’s (AER) Issues Paper, Return on debt: Choice of third party data provider (the Issues Paper). The Issues Paper examines the issue of possible third party data providers to supply information that the AER could use in determining the return on debt for network service providers. In the submission, PIAC recommends that the AER not rule out the use of data published by the Reserve Bank of Australia, despite the fact that it is published for one day per month, rather than on consecutive days (as desired under the AER’s Rate of Return Guideline).
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies