This submission responds to the Australian Energy Regulator’s (AER) Issues Paper, Return on debt: Choice of third party data provider (the Issues Paper). The Issues Paper examines the issue of possible third party data providers to supply information that the AER could use in determining the return on debt for network service providers. In the submission, PIAC recommends that the AER not rule out the use of data published by the Reserve Bank of Australia, despite the fact that it is published for one day per month, rather than on consecutive days (as desired under the AER’s Rate of Return Guideline).
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals