The National Energy Customer Framework is expected to require that the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) to be responsible for compliance with the National Energy Retail Law (NERL) and National Energy Retail Rules (NERR). This paper forms PIAC’s response to the AER’s consultations on compliance and focuses on the areas of the Issues Paper that PIAC believes of most important to energy consumers. Generally, PIAC is supportive of the approach taken by the AER in this Issues Paper and this response seeks to support the AER in maintaining this approach through to decision-making.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers