The National Energy Customer Framework is expected to require that the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) to be responsible for compliance with the National Energy Retail Law (NERL) and National Energy Retail Rules (NERR). This paper forms PIAC’s response to the AER’s consultations on compliance and focuses on the areas of the Issues Paper that PIAC believes of most important to energy consumers. Generally, PIAC is supportive of the approach taken by the AER in this Issues Paper and this response seeks to support the AER in maintaining this approach through to decision-making.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 27 May 2022Welcome news: increased financial assistance for NSW households facing rising energy bills
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 25 Feb 20222SER interview re Renewable Energy Zones
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability