The National Energy Customer Framework is expected to require that the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) to be responsible for compliance with the National Energy Retail Law (NERL) and National Energy Retail Rules (NERR). This paper forms PIAC’s response to the AER’s consultations on compliance and focuses on the areas of the Issues Paper that PIAC believes of most important to energy consumers. Generally, PIAC is supportive of the approach taken by the AER in this Issues Paper and this response seeks to support the AER in maintaining this approach through to decision-making.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable