This submission forms the response of PIAC to the Ministerial Council on Energy’s Second Exposure Draft of the National Energy Retail Law, National Energy Retail Regulations and the National Energy Retail Rules. Together, this package forms the National Energy Customer Framework.PIAC submit that the package as proposed will not adequately protect consumers, and that it represents a reduction in the protections currently available to NSW households. PIAC worked closely with members of the National Consumers’ Roundtable on Energy to produce a detailed response to the proposed package, which is included in this submission.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 25 Feb 20222SER interview re Renewable Energy Zones
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned