This submission forms the response of PIAC to the Ministerial Council on Energy’s Second Exposure Draft of the National Energy Retail Law, National Energy Retail Regulations and the National Energy Retail Rules. Together, this package forms the National Energy Customer Framework.PIAC submit that the package as proposed will not adequately protect consumers, and that it represents a reduction in the protections currently available to NSW households. PIAC worked closely with members of the National Consumers’ Roundtable on Energy to produce a detailed response to the proposed package, which is included in this submission.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies