This submission forms the response of PIAC to the Ministerial Council on Energy’s Second Exposure Draft of the National Energy Retail Law, National Energy Retail Regulations and the National Energy Retail Rules. Together, this package forms the National Energy Customer Framework.PIAC submit that the package as proposed will not adequately protect consumers, and that it represents a reduction in the protections currently available to NSW households. PIAC worked closely with members of the National Consumers’ Roundtable on Energy to produce a detailed response to the proposed package, which is included in this submission.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals