Following a workshop convened by the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal of New South Wales (IPART) in September 2009, PIAC prepared a supplementary submission to its earlier response to the IPART review of regulated retail electricity tariffs and charges for 2010-13. PIAC took this opportunity to inform IPART that retailer websites often fail to adequately inform consumers of the price they would pay if they accepted the advertised electricity offer and urged IPART to recommend improvements to the availability and presentation of information about prices on electricity retailer websites.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable