PIAC is offering information sessions to help people understand the proposal for a First Nations Voice to parliament and the historic referendum to be held later this year.
Our one-hour session covers:
- The place of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Australian Constitution, including the significance of the 1967 referendum.
- The momentum for constitutional recognition of First Nations Australians from 2007.
- The First Nations Dialogues and the Uluru Statement from the Heart, leading to the call for a First Nations Voice.
- The referendum proposal we will be asked to vote on.
- The practical implications of the Voice – how will it work and what will it do?
- Why PIAC supports the Voice.
Each session includes time for questions from participants and an opportunity for discussion.
If you would like to arrange a session for your organisation, workplace or community group, email [email protected].