Our NDIS Tracker helps advocates hold government to account in relation to NDIS policy and law reform recommendations.
Developed with our colleagues at Gilbert + Tobin, the Tracker allows advocates to view all recommendations that have been made across various NDIS inquiries, as well as what action has been taken in response.
The Tracker was last updated in August 2022, and includes updates to recommendations reflecting the passing of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Amendment (Participant Service Guarantee and Other Measures) Act 2022 (Cth). We aim to review and update the Tracker following major inquiries.
The new Glossary provides a reference to the topics you can search for using the filtering function to find all recommendations that relate to a particular topic, for example, the ‘Pricing’ of supports, ‘Review’ of NDIA decisions or ‘Access’ to the NDIS.
The Tracker outlines the Government’s response to each recommendation and whether steps have been taken to implement the recommendation.
The Tracker includes recommendations from these inquiries:
- The Productivity Commission’s 2017 Study into Costs
- The 2018 Commonwealth Ombudsman’s report into administrative reviews
- The 2019 Review of the NDIS Act (‘Tune Review’)
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Planning
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into General Issues
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Supported Independent Living
- The Australian National Audit Office’s 2020 review of decision-making controls
- The 2021 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Independent Assessments
If you have any feedback on the Tracker, including information that needs to be updated, please contact us at [email protected]. We are grateful to the disability community for informing us of any changes to the implementation status of these recommendations.
The NDIS Recommendations Tracker is for general information purposes only. It is not intended as advice on any particular matter or legal question, and it is not a substitute for legal advice from a qualified professional.