When Daniel* was taken into custody for the first time at the age of 17, he had never experienced any mental health issues. He was on remand for more than a year as he waited to face trial, and by the time a jury found him not guilty he was “different in the head”.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 Oct 2023Police bin unjust surveillance amid 'bombshell' report
- 30 Oct 2023Unreasonable, unjust, oppressive and improperly discriminatory: watchdog blasts police on STMP
- 30 Oct 2023NSW Police use of Suspect Targeting Management Plan could meet 'threshold for serious misconduct'
- 30 Oct 2023Report finds NSW Police suspect lists led to 'gross over-representation' of Indigenous people
- 29 Oct 2023NSW Police are not closing the gap