Erin Turner Manners, a senior solicitor at the Public Interest Advocacy Centre – which is representing Jones – said he was “one of many passengers who have encountered poor treatment, including effective denial of service, trying to access air travel as airlines and airports continue to fail people with disability”.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 11 Aug 20222SER interview: e-scooters - safety issues and concerns
- 5 Aug 2022Passenger kept from boarding after Jetstar’s refusal to assist with wheelchair makes discrimination complaint
- 5 Aug 2022Stranded: disability discrimination complaint highlights Jetstar failure to provide assistance to wheelchair user
- 1 Aug 2022Voting rights for blind and vision impaired people: iVote complaint lodged with Australian Human Rights Commission
- 1 Aug 2022Blind advocates allege NSW’s removal of online voting system is a breach of human rights