Erin Turner Manners, a senior solicitor at the Public Interest Advocacy Centre – which is representing Jones – said he was “one of many passengers who have encountered poor treatment, including effective denial of service, trying to access air travel as airlines and airports continue to fail people with disability”.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 18 Nov 2022Sydney may be hosting WorldPride but the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act is a source of shame
- 28 Oct 20222SER interview: UN calls on Australia to act on TV accessibility
- 12 Oct 2022"It's the system that's the problem". How airlines are failing people with disability
- 4 Oct 2022UN recommends Australia legislate on audio descriptions
- 4 Oct 2022Lack of audio descriptions on Australian TV a human rights breach, UN committee finds