As NSW continues to emerge from the pandemic, and the Government focuses on a return to “business as usual”, thousands of people across the state are still saddled with debt from fines. Legal practitioners are calling for a global solution to the millions of dollars that remain unpaid, and greater support for the vulnerable communities struggling to cope.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 3 Mar 2023Call to exclude kids from law banning criminal contact
- 1 Mar 2023Police oversight body calls for overhaul of consorting laws
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 13 Dec 2022Legal Centres call for all COVID fines to be cancelled, existing fines regime to be reviewed
- 15 Nov 2022Segregations exceeding 24 hours at Juvenile Justice centres on the rise.