As NSW continues to emerge from the pandemic, and the Government focuses on a return to “business as usual”, thousands of people across the state are still saddled with debt from fines. Legal practitioners are calling for a global solution to the millions of dollars that remain unpaid, and greater support for the vulnerable communities struggling to cope.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 15 Nov 2022Segregations exceeding 24 hours at Juvenile Justice centres on the rise.
- 3 Nov 20222SER interview: Why UN torture inspectors suspended their Australian visit
- 17 Aug 2022‘No child belongs in prison’: 128,000 signatures to raise the age in NSW and Victoria
- 16 Aug 2022Supreme Court challenge to use of solitary confinement in NSW youth justice centres filed
- 15 Aug 2022‘A huge toll on my mental health’: challenge to the use of segregation as punishment in youth justice centres