Public Interest Advocacy Centre reports have found that adequate health care had not been delivered to Medevac refugees, particularly regarding mental health care services and mitigating transmission risks during the COVID‐19 pandemic.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 11 Jul 2022“Tough on borders”: how Australia’s immigration detention system fails refugee and asylum seeker health
- 10 Mar 20222SER interview: medical care in immigration detention
- 28 Jan 2022‘Inhuman’: Legal, human rights experts slam laws allowing detention in Australia
- 28 Jan 2022Human rights groups call for end to arbitrary and indefinite detention
- 8 Dec 2021Healthcare denied: will Australia’s ongoing cruelty towards refugees be an election issue?