Public Interest Advocacy Centre reports have found that adequate health care had not been delivered to Medevac refugees, particularly regarding mental health care services and mitigating transmission risks during the COVID‐19 pandemic.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 21 Dec 2023UN committee report slams Australia's 'inhuman' prisons
- 21 Dec 2023PIAC responds to scathing UN subcommittee report on Australian detention
- 8 Dec 2023PIAC investigating a class action for people handcuffed in immigration detention
- 5 Dec 2023Australians need to better understand the reality of detainees’ lives
- 30 Nov 20232SER: Uncovering misuse of handcuffs in immigration detention