Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on the NDIS for the inquiry into Current Scheme Implementation and Forecasting Alternative formats available on request to PIAC - Contact PIAC
PIAC welcomed the opportunity to lodge submissions to the Joint Standing Committee on the NDIS for the inquiry into Current Scheme Implementation and Forecasting for the NDIS. Our submission highlights legal and governance issues with the NDIS and its implementation.
Our submission addresses:
- interface issues between NDIS service provision and other non-NDIS services;
- the reasons for variations in plan funding between NDIS participants;
- governance, oversight and administrative measures to ensure financial sustainability of the NDIS;
- planning policy for personalised budgets and plan flexibility; and
- the need for improvements to the reviews and appeals process.