PIAC is pleased to launch a new tool to support advocates in holding the government to account in relation to NDIS policy and law reform recommendations.
The NDIS has been subject to a large number of overlapping inquiries over the past few years. These inquiries have produced over 300 recommendations.
Developed with our colleagues at Gilbert + Tobin, the NDIS Recommendations Tracker provides advocates with a central reference point to more easily track what recommendations have been made, and what has happened to those recommendations.
The Tracker includes all recommendations from key inquiries, breaks those recommendations down into topics, outlines the Government’s response and whether the recommendation has been implemented. It also provides further details on what has happened since the recommendation was made.
The inquiries covered include:
- The Productivity Commission’s 2017 Study into Costs
- The 2018 Commonwealth Ombudsman’s report into administrative reviews
- The 2019 Review of the NDIS Act (‘Tune Review’)
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Planning
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into General Issues
- The 2020 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Supported Independent Living
- The Australian National Audit Office’s 2020 review of decision-making controls
- The 2021 Joint Standing Committee Inquiry into Independent Assessments
The Tracker has a ‘filter’ function which allows users to more easily find what they are looking for. A Filtering Guide is available below, to show you how to use this function.
We hope this Tracker will support advocates and the disability community when drafting future policy submissions.
The Tracker is up-to-date as at 23 December 2021, and will be reviewed following major inquiries.
If you have any feedback on the Tracker, including information that needs to be updated, please contact us at [email protected]. We are grateful to the disability community for informing us of any changes to the implementation status of these recommendations.
Thank you to Gilbert + Tobin for their generous assistance in preparing this tool.
The NDIS Recommendations Tracker is for general information purposes only. It is not intended as advice on any particular matter or legal question, and it is not a substitute for legal advice from a qualified professional.