Submission to the Department of Social Services’ consultation on proposed reforms to the NDIS Alternative formats available on request to PIAC - Contact PIAC
This submission raises concerns about the continuing expansion of rule-making powers and discretionary powers for the CEO, which give the CEO and Minister unnecessary powers.
We also address specific proposals around:
- plan variation and plan reassessment;
- changes to the Becoming a Participant Rules;
- changes to the payment of supports;
- changes around the provision of reasons for decisions; and
- the new Engagement Principles and Service Standards.