Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme’s General issues inquiry Alternative formats available on request to PIAC - Contact PIAC
In this submission, we support a joint submission by over 20 disability advocacy organisations calling for reforms to the NDIS appeals process. We highlight five particular issues to the Committee:
- The continuing need for settlement outcomes at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to be published
- The need for a process for AAT decisions to be implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency on a systemic level
- The need for guiding principles on the Agency’s conduct of appeals
- The need to fix jurisdictional issues with the AAT
- The need for an inquiry into NDIS internal and external review processes
A copy of the joint submission by disability advocacy organisations can be accessed on the Joint Standing Committee’s website.