PIAC lodged a submission to the Australian Government’s Review of the Privacy Act 1988, in response to the Review’s Issues Paper. Our submission calls for reform particularly in relation to the overarching objects of the Privacy Act, consent requirements, a direct right of action for breaches of the Privacy Act, and a statutory tort for serious invasions of privacy.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 6 Aug 2021Advocates say NSW anti-discrimination laws are failing vulnerable
- 6 Aug 2021Community groups call for comprehensive review of NSW Anti- Discrimination Act
- 6 May 2021Government agencies could access personal data without consent under new bill
- 21 Apr 2021Data Commissioner defends new sharing scheme
- 6 May 2020Civil society groups call on NSW Parliament to resume