PIAC responded to the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) review of System Restart Ancillary Services (SRAS). We reiterate our support for expanding the range of SRAS providers, however, consider it short-sighted to continue to rule out interconnectors as possible SRAS sources. We consider this position falls short of promoting the long-term interests of consumers with the most efficient investment and operation of the energy system.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 17 Dec 2020Off-grid dream becomes reality as bushfire threat creates new era for power networks
- 9 Nov 2020Roadmap secures NSW energy future
- 30 Sep 2020Minister’s certainty on gas a win for consumers and environment
- 16 Sep 2020Morrison gas plan no help for consumers, bad for taxpayers and disaster for environment
- 13 Jul 2020New Renewable Energy Zone a win for NSW households