PIAC responded to the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) review of System Restart Ancillary Services (SRAS). We reiterate our support for expanding the range of SRAS providers, however, consider it short-sighted to continue to rule out interconnectors as possible SRAS sources. We consider this position falls short of promoting the long-term interests of consumers with the most efficient investment and operation of the energy system.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies
- 20 Mar 2023Government dragging its feet regulating Buy Now Pay Later sector, causing more grief for the vulnerable