PIAC responded to the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) review of System Restart Ancillary Services (SRAS). We reiterate our support for expanding the range of SRAS providers, however, consider it short-sighted to continue to rule out interconnectors as possible SRAS sources. We consider this position falls short of promoting the long-term interests of consumers with the most efficient investment and operation of the energy system.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers