The Australian Human Rights Commission has again publicly called for the Commonwealth government to transfer into the community, those immigration detainees who do not pose a security risk, in light of the unique challenges if a COVID outbreak were to occur in a facility. Read coverage in the Mirage News.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 11 Jul 2022“Tough on borders”: how Australia’s immigration detention system fails refugee and asylum seeker health