The Australian Human Rights Commission has again publicly called for the Commonwealth government to transfer into the community, those immigration detainees who do not pose a security risk, in light of the unique challenges if a COVID outbreak were to occur in a facility. Read coverage in the Mirage News.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 Nov 20232SER: Uncovering misuse of handcuffs in immigration detention
- 16 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuff case against Serco, govt
- 15 Nov 2023Commonwealth settles case with asylum seeker who missed medical appointments because of handcuff PTSD
- 15 Nov 2023Asylum seeker settles handcuffing case against the Commonwealth
- 19 Dec 2022A Legislative Vacuum: The Healthcare Crisis in Onshore Immigration Detention