The Australian Human Rights Commission has again publicly called for the Commonwealth government to transfer into the community, those immigration detainees who do not pose a security risk, in light of the unique challenges if a COVID outbreak were to occur in a facility. Read coverage in the Mirage News.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Dec 2022A Legislative Vacuum: The Healthcare Crisis in Onshore Immigration Detention
- 3 Nov 20222SER interview: Why UN torture inspectors suspended their Australian visit
- 19 Oct 2022UN oversight body asked to rule on cruelty of Australian immigration detention
- 6 Oct 20222SER interview: Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers