The Australian Human Rights Commission has again publicly called for the Commonwealth government to transfer into the community, those immigration detainees who do not pose a security risk, in light of the unique challenges if a COVID outbreak were to occur in a facility. Read coverage in the Mirage News.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 10 Mar 20222SER interview re medical care in immigration detention
- 28 Jan 2022‘Inhuman’: Legal, human rights experts slam laws allowing detention in Australia
- 28 Jan 2022Human rights groups call for end to arbitrary and indefinite detention
- 8 Dec 2021Healthcare denied: will Australia’s ongoing cruelty towards refugees be an election issue?
- 6 Dec 2021Medevac asylum seekers forced to wait years for medical treatment, report finds