‘Police in New South Wales have for two decades maintained a secretive blacklist disproportionately made up of Indigenous children deemed to be at risk of committing crimes, who they target using “unreasonable, unjust and oppressive” tactics that in some cases are likely to be illegal…’
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 13 Dec 2022Legal Centres call for all COVID fines to be cancelled, existing fines regime to be reviewed
- 15 Nov 2022Segregations exceeding 24 hours at Juvenile Justice centres on the rise.
- 3 Nov 20222SER interview: Why UN torture inspectors suspended their Australian visit
- 17 Aug 2022‘No child belongs in prison’: 128,000 signatures to raise the age in NSW and Victoria