Learn how to get you message across in an increasingly crowded media landscape. This one-day workshop covers the essentials of successfully facing the media and winning hearts and minds.
Designed especially for community legal centres and those who work in the community sector, the course is suitable for all levels of media experience. The day includes an opportunity to hone your interview skills on camera, with tailored feedback.
Hear from experienced radio presenter/producer Tim Brunero about what journalists need to run your story and how to present with clarity and authority.
The workshop will be co-presented by PIAC’s Media and Communications Manager, Gemma Pearce, who has more than fifteen years in media advisory roles in politics, government and advocacy organisations.
The workshop will cover:
- The current media landscape – demands and opportunities
- What journalists need to run a radio/print/tv story
- Finding an angle
- How to maximise the impact/prominence of your story
- The do’s and don’ts of op eds
- How to prepare for an interview
- Getting your message across
- Diffusing difficult questions and thinking on your feet
- Presenting with clarity and authority
When: Thursday, 13 February 2020
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Where: PIAC, Level 5, 175 Liverpool St, Sydney
For more information call Gemma Pearce on 02 8898 6532.