‘The independent police watchdog will hold public hearings into claims an Indigenous man in NSW was subjected to excessive bail checks as part of a broader probe into whether officers across the state have engaged in unlawful behaviour or serious misconduct in enforcing bail conditions…’
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 May 2023Over-representation of Aboriginal people in New South Wales prisons "highest on record"
- 30 May 2023Proportion of Aboriginal inmates in NSW hit a record 29.7% in February
- 30 May 2023‘Growing crisis’: Record level of Aboriginal people in NSW prisons, new data reveals
- 30 May 2023NSW prisons more unequal than ever with record level of Aboriginal people behind bars
- 23 Mar 20232SER: Police oversight body calls for an overhaul of ‘consorting laws’