PIAC, in collaboration with Total Environment Centre (TEC) and The Australia Institute (TAI) made a joint submission to the Australian Energy Market Commission’s (AEMC) consultation paper on three Wholesale demand response (WDR) rule change requests proposed by PIAC, Total Environment Centre and The Australia Institute, the South Australian Government, and the Australian Energy Council (AEC) respectively. The submission supports the PIAC/TEC/TAI, and South Australia Government proposed rule changes and does not support the AEC proposal. The submission outlines the organisations’ views on the competing proposals, and addresses the main issues raised in the consultation paper.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers