AEMC Advanced notice of price change rule change draft determination Alternative formats available on request to PIAC - Contact PIAC
PIAC responded to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Advance notice of price change. PIAC supports the intent of the draft rule, to ensure that consumers are aware of changes to their retail energy price before they occur. In particular, PIAC supports the draft rule’s provisions that:
• Apply the rule to both electricity and gas;
• Define the notice period for both market offer and standing offer customers;
• Require price change notifications for both price increases and price decreases; and
• Require price change notifications to be delivered separately to bills and in a manner consistent with how a customer has chosen to receive other communications from their retailer.
However, we argued that the final rule should also:
• Require price change notices include Energy Made Easy information and percentage change in price;
• Require price change notices be provided to consumers in the language of their choice; and
• Not exempt price-regulated retailers.