The doctors who examined Wissam Jadiri when he came to Australia by boat in 2013 detected his elevated liver enzymes right away. But it took more than four years, countless flights and threats of a federal court case for the 41-year-old Feyli Kurdish asylum seeker to get treatment for hepatitis C…
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 7 Nov 2019Opinion: Australia's immigration detention system is cruel and damaging by its very nature, by Jonathon Hunyor
- 25 Oct 2019Man waits years for hepatitis C medication after immigration detention transfer
- 25 Mar 2019Secret recordings allege excessive force by guards in Australia's detention centres
- 17 Jun 2018Thought our treatment of asylum seekers couldn't get any worse?
- 13 Jun 2018New report calls for urgent reform to standard of care in immigration detention