The doctors who examined Wissam Jadiri when he came to Australia by boat in 2013 detected his elevated liver enzymes right away. But it took more than four years, countless flights and threats of a federal court case for the 41-year-old Feyli Kurdish asylum seeker to get treatment for hepatitis C…
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 11 Jul 2022“Tough on borders”: how Australia’s immigration detention system fails refugee and asylum seeker health