PIAC lodged a submission to the AER on its draft decision to the DNSP ring-fencing waiver applications, supporting the AER’s draft decision. As noted in our submission to the first stage of consultation, PIAC did not oppose the waiver applications from these three DNSPs, but commented on Ausgrid’s application for a temporary waiver from legal separation. PIAC supports the AER’s assessment that it is appropriate to grant the waiver. The AER also sought comment on Essential Energy’s application regarding regional service delivery as a “provider of last resort.” PIAC also supports the AER’s draft decision regarding this application.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers