PIAC lodged a submission to the AER on its draft decision to the DNSP ring-fencing waiver applications, supporting the AER’s draft decision. As noted in our submission to the first stage of consultation, PIAC did not oppose the waiver applications from these three DNSPs, but commented on Ausgrid’s application for a temporary waiver from legal separation. PIAC supports the AER’s assessment that it is appropriate to grant the waiver. The AER also sought comment on Essential Energy’s application regarding regional service delivery as a “provider of last resort.” PIAC also supports the AER’s draft decision regarding this application.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies