The same-sex marriage postal survey is almost at an end. The survey process has closed and we await the result on 15 November. But despite having put the LGBTI community through a protracted, unnecessary, unfair and frankly degrading process, there is a real risk that even a yes result may not guarantee marriage equality. Read PIAC CEO, Jonathon Hunyor’s op ed in the Guardian.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 13 Dec 2022Legal Centres call for all COVID fines to be cancelled, existing fines regime to be reviewed
- 6 Dec 2022Melbourne woman wins battle against National Disability Insurance Agency for mental health assistance dog
- 18 Nov 2022Sydney may be hosting WorldPride but the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act is a source of shame