The same-sex marriage postal survey is almost at an end. The survey process has closed and we await the result on 15 November. But despite having put the LGBTI community through a protracted, unnecessary, unfair and frankly degrading process, there is a real risk that even a yes result may not guarantee marriage equality. Read PIAC CEO, Jonathon Hunyor’s op ed in the Guardian.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 15 Oct 2021Missed opportunities in NSW Government’s disappointing response to First Nations People in Custody Inquiry
- 24 Aug 2021International human rights fact-finding during COVID and beyond: first-of-its-kind guide to support restricted access interviews
- 6 Aug 2021Community groups call for comprehensive review of NSW Anti- Discrimination Act
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 3 Aug 2021Parliament must reject a spate of Bills that will introduce sweeping powers and deny basic rights