PIAC lodged a submission to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Five minute settlement rule change. PIAC reiterated its support for the rule change as it will lead to sustained lower costs for all consumers through greater efficiency in the wholesale electricity market and accelerating new technology introduction. PIAC understands that AEMO is able to update the necessary procedures and systems within the timeframe proposed, and on that basis, supports the AEMC’s implementation timetable.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills