PIAC lodged a submission to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Five minute settlement rule change. PIAC reiterated its support for the rule change as it will lead to sustained lower costs for all consumers through greater efficiency in the wholesale electricity market and accelerating new technology introduction. PIAC understands that AEMO is able to update the necessary procedures and systems within the timeframe proposed, and on that basis, supports the AEMC’s implementation timetable.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies