PIAC lodged a submission to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Five minute settlement rule change. PIAC reiterated its support for the rule change as it will lead to sustained lower costs for all consumers through greater efficiency in the wholesale electricity market and accelerating new technology introduction. PIAC understands that AEMO is able to update the necessary procedures and systems within the timeframe proposed, and on that basis, supports the AEMC’s implementation timetable.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 27 May 2022Welcome news: increased financial assistance for NSW households facing rising energy bills
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 25 Feb 20222SER interview re Renewable Energy Zones
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability