PIAC lodged a submission to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Five minute settlement rule change. PIAC reiterated its support for the rule change as it will lead to sustained lower costs for all consumers through greater efficiency in the wholesale electricity market and accelerating new technology introduction. PIAC understands that AEMO is able to update the necessary procedures and systems within the timeframe proposed, and on that basis, supports the AEMC’s implementation timetable.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers