PIAC lodged a submission to the AEMC’s draft determination on the Five minute settlement rule change. PIAC reiterated its support for the rule change as it will lead to sustained lower costs for all consumers through greater efficiency in the wholesale electricity market and accelerating new technology introduction. PIAC understands that AEMO is able to update the necessary procedures and systems within the timeframe proposed, and on that basis, supports the AEMC’s implementation timetable.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals