PIAC lodged a submission to the AER’s draft Distribution Reliability Measures Guideline. PIAC considers that reliability metrics and incentive schemes such as the Service Target Performance Incentive Scheme (STPIS) should allow clear and consistent measurement of network performance against appropriate targets and provide an incentive to the network businesses to efficiently meet these targets. However, balance is needed to ensure that the impact of the schemes do not exceed consumers’ willingness to pay. PIAC opined, regarding the AER’s intended treatment of major event days, that there is a risk that apparently poor network performance on a catastrophic day may skew the network’s overall reliability measure, which could be used to justify excessive network reinforcement.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals