PIAC responded to the AEMC’s Consultation Paper on the Review of regulatory arrangements for embedded networks. The growth in the number and size of embedded networks in Australia presents a variety of issues for the regulatory arrangements relating to those networks. PIAC outlines its concerns and recommendations relating to elements of the exemption framework; access to retail competition; and consumer protection.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies