PIAC responded to the AEMC’s Consultation Paper on the Review of regulatory arrangements for embedded networks. The growth in the number and size of embedded networks in Australia presents a variety of issues for the regulatory arrangements relating to those networks. PIAC outlines its concerns and recommendations relating to elements of the exemption framework; access to retail competition; and consumer protection.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills