PIAC has consistently called for greater transparency in the domestic gas market in relation to information and price. The AEMC’s final draft report has not changed significantly from previous drafts. The three major recommendations remain, and a further two have been added, one regarding market trials and the other regarding the Gas Market Reform Group’s responsibilities PIAC welcomes the opportunity to participate in this reform and looks forward to further discussions as it progresses. All stakeholders agree that the current market has flaws and while they may disagree on the detail of the solution, there are a number of opportunities in the next six months to further develop the solutions.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals