PIAC is of the view that ring‑fencing needs to be as robust as possible, and in particular should contain strong measures around monitoring, transparency and compliance, so that consumers can have confidence that the guideline is being strongly enforced. In this submission, PIAC puts forward two recommendations to strengthen the AER’s draft guideline.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned
- 12 Feb 2021Overhaul needed for water planning
- 4 Feb 2021Energy rule-maker rejects rent-seeking bid, protects consumers