PIAC is of the view that ring‑fencing needs to be as robust as possible, and in particular should contain strong measures around monitoring, transparency and compliance, so that consumers can have confidence that the guideline is being strongly enforced. In this submission, PIAC puts forward two recommendations to strengthen the AER’s draft guideline.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals