The decision of a judge to dismiss a disability discrimination case which he described as a “trifle” and “nothing more than a try-on” has been overturned on appeal in a development described as a victory for the rights of people with disabilities.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 15 Nov 2023Commonwealth settles case with asylum seeker who missed medical appointments because of handcuff PTSD
- 31 Oct 2023Age discrimination complaints on NDIS age cap taken to the United Nations
- 30 Oct 2023NSW Police use of Suspect Targeting Management Plan could meet 'threshold for serious misconduct'
- 30 Oct 2023Report finds NSW Police suspect lists led to 'gross over-representation' of Indigenous people
- 25 Oct 2023Renewed push for NSW to raise age of criminal responsibility to 14