This submission focuses on four issues in the Productivity Commission’s Draft Report of particular concern to PIAC: (1) how money from ‘public purposes funds’ should be most efficiently used; (2) distributing costs awarded to pro bono parties; (3) the proposal for a public interest litigation fund; and (4) the recommendation that governments should increase cost recovery in civil courts by charging court fees that reflect the cost of providing the service.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 28 Sep 2023‘Bullet to the heart’: Grieving parents call for mental health role in police response
- 28 Sep 2023Legal Academics, experts, and advocates issue an open letter urging the NSW Government to implement mental health policing reforms.
- 7 Sep 20232SER: Reforming Australia's Freedom of Information laws
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas