This submission responded to the NSW Government’s review of the targets for the performance of new developments against the Building Sustainability Index (BASIX). In the submission PIAC supported increasing BASIX targets for new developments, arguing that these targets benefitted consumers through reducing ongoing energy and water consumption, as well as the broader community. To continue to drive innovation in energy and water efficiency, PIAC also recommended that the NSW Government commit to reviewing the new BASIX target by 2020. Finally, PIAC recommended that the NSW Government complement any increase in BASIX targets with new programs to help consumers improve the efficiency of existing housing stock. PIAC recommended that one such program should build on the success of the NSW Government’s Home Power Savings Program.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals