This submission responds to the proposed changes to the rules governing the NSW Government’s Energy Savings Scheme (ESS). PIAC’s response provides suggestions aimed at ensuring the scheme’s structure maximises the value of services provided under the scheme and minimises the opportunity for providers to over-inflate the price of services in order to meet minimum co-payment levels.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 19 Sep 2022Activists Want The UN To Look Into Inhumane Use Of Handcuffs On Asylum Seekers
- 19 Sep 2022Being handcuffed for medical appointments left asylum seeker Yasir shaken. Why is it happening?
- 16 Sep 2022Call for UN torture watchdog to investigate Australia’s handcuffing of asylum seekers en route to medical care
- 16 Sep 2022Handcuffing in Australian immigration detention needs urgent review ahead of UN visit
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability