This submission responds to the proposed changes to the rules governing the NSW Government’s Energy Savings Scheme (ESS). PIAC’s response provides suggestions aimed at ensuring the scheme’s structure maximises the value of services provided under the scheme and minimises the opportunity for providers to over-inflate the price of services in order to meet minimum co-payment levels.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 20 Jan 2023Australia fails to meet anti-torture deadline
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office