In 2012 the Homeless Persons’ Legal Service and StreetCare undertook a consultation project exploring the experiences and difficulties faced by people who have recently exited the prison system into situations of housing crisis or homelessness. This briefing paper summarises the issues identified in the consultation, and makes a series of recommendations to address these.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 13 May 2021Forum: Policing Public Space
- 29 May 2020Public forum today: Sector leaders call for urgent measures to end homelessness post COVID-19
- 3 Apr 2020Man eating kebab on bench among 50 people fined in NSW and Victoria for violating coronavirus laws
- 25 Mar 2020HPLS on ABC Radio National's The Law Report
- 9 Aug 2017Proposed homelessness laws heavy-handed and counter-productive