In March 2013, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) began a review to determine regional-specific values of customer reliability (VCR) for use in revenue regulation, planning and for operational purposes in the National Energy Market (NEM). PIAC provided AEMO with the submission it prepared for the Australian Energy Market Commission’s 2012 review of network reliability standards. PIAC particularly highlighted to AEMO the issue of the relative weighting given to the VCR of residential consumers versus commercial and industrial energy users when arriving at a single value.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Sep 20222SER interview: energy reliability
- 24 Aug 20222SER interview: everyone deserves a healthy home
- 28 Jun 2022Does Australia need Tasmania to become a multi-billion-dollar 'Battery of the Nation'?
- 23 Jun 2022AUDIO: Calls for energy businesses to operate in good faith
- 19 Jun 2022‘The prices are so much more’: how apartment dwellers get locked into bad power deals