In March 2013, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) began a review to determine regional-specific values of customer reliability (VCR) for use in revenue regulation, planning and for operational purposes in the National Energy Market (NEM). PIAC provided AEMO with the submission it prepared for the Australian Energy Market Commission’s 2012 review of network reliability standards. PIAC particularly highlighted to AEMO the issue of the relative weighting given to the VCR of residential consumers versus commercial and industrial energy users when arriving at a single value.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies