In March 2013, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) began a review to determine regional-specific values of customer reliability (VCR) for use in revenue regulation, planning and for operational purposes in the National Energy Market (NEM). PIAC provided AEMO with the submission it prepared for the Australian Energy Market Commission’s 2012 review of network reliability standards. PIAC particularly highlighted to AEMO the issue of the relative weighting given to the VCR of residential consumers versus commercial and industrial energy users when arriving at a single value.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 9 Jan 2023‘Very legal loopholes’: Consumer groups seek tighter buy now, pay later curbs
- 22 Dec 2022Albanese plan has ‘dealt a blow’ to east coast gas supply
- 21 Dec 2022Consumers stuck with Snowy 2’s ballooning grid costs despite NSW energy deal
- 21 Dec 2022Anthony Albanese labels NSW energy deal ‘one of the biggest announcements’ he’ll make in office
- 21 Dec 2022Overhaul of energy concessions needed as three million households struggle to pay their energy bills