Gemma Namey, a solicitor who works with The Public Interest Advocacy Centre, said NSW and federal laws did not include protection from discrimination on the basis of appearance.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 16 Feb 20242SER: Improving the future of flying for people with disability
- 7 Feb 2024NSW government launches review after court hears Aboriginal baby’s aunt refused as carer due to same-sex relationship
- 6 Feb 2024‘Shocking example of legalised homophobia’ confirms need for new NSW Anti-Discrimination Act
- 6 Feb 2024Aboriginal baby's gay aunt refused as carer, sparking call for law change
- 1 Feb 20242SER: Return to school, return to LGBTQ discrimination