Gemma Namey, a solicitor who works with The Public Interest Advocacy Centre, said NSW and federal laws did not include protection from discrimination on the basis of appearance.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 30 May 2023Over-representation of Aboriginal people in New South Wales prisons "highest on record"
- 30 May 2023Proportion of Aboriginal inmates in NSW hit a record 29.7% in February
- 30 May 2023‘Growing crisis’: Record level of Aboriginal people in NSW prisons, new data reveals
- 30 May 2023NSW prisons more unequal than ever with record level of Aboriginal people behind bars
- 25 May 2023An evening with playwright Suzie Miller