PIAC made this submission in response to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal’s (IPART) Draft Report on Solar feed-in tariffs: Setting a fair and reasonable value for electricity generated by small scale solar photovoltaic units in NSW. In the submission, PIAC supported the option discussed in IPART’s Draft Report of requiring Standard Retailers to offer a solar feed-in tariff they set themselves as part of their Standard Contract. PIAC also addressed requirements for retailers and marketers to provide information about tariff rates and other related issues to consumers, including options to inform consumers about the existence and nature of these requirements.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 29 Sep 2023Australia’s transmission task needs a new approach – let’s open it up to competition
- 28 Aug 2023Eraring extension unnecessary: Government has cheaper, cleaner options
- 25 Aug 20232SER: Turning down the gas
- 18 Jul 2023“We can electrify the smart way, or the slow and expensive way”
- 15 Jun 2023Consumer groups welcome Knock to Stay Connected customer code for energy companies