PIAC made this submission in response to the Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal’s (IPART) Draft Report on Solar feed-in tariffs: Setting a fair and reasonable value for electricity generated by small scale solar photovoltaic units in NSW. In the submission, PIAC supported the option discussed in IPART’s Draft Report of requiring Standard Retailers to offer a solar feed-in tariff they set themselves as part of their Standard Contract. PIAC also addressed requirements for retailers and marketers to provide information about tariff rates and other related issues to consumers, including options to inform consumers about the existence and nature of these requirements.
Related Media Releases & Coverage
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall
- 25 Feb 20222SER interview re Renewable Energy Zones
- 5 Aug 2021Increased energy bill support welcome news for NSW households under lockdown
- 22 Jun 2021Community and industry collaborate for better outcomes for people experiencing vulnerability
- 1 Jun 2021Treasury plans to give energy retailers control of consumer data should be abandoned