The September 2011 edition of the PIAC e-bulletin is out now. It includes an update on the case of Joanne Darcy (pictured), a woman with an intellectual disability who was unlawfully detained at the Kanangra Centre, near Newcastle, for over six years.
The e-bulletin is free to subscribers. Other news in this edition includes:
- Police sued over wrong bail information
- Community sector calls for better deal for refugees
- Tut Nyal Inquest raises concerns about suicide risk
- Constitutional recognition for Indigenous peoples
- Energy marketing: cause for concern?
There is also an employment opportunity listed in this month’s e-bulletin. PIAC Is seeking an experienced lawyer to manage the Homeless Persons’ Legal Service (HPLS).
Visit the PIAC subscription page if you would like to receive this monthly newsletter.