In its submission to the Tasmanian Consultation on the proposed Human Rights Charter of Rights and Responsibilities. PIAC focuses on identifying the features of effective human rights protection and promotion that it considers necessary to build into the legislation. PIAC supports the introduction of the act to protect all of the rights set out in the ‘International Bill of Rights’ (Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights) as well as third generation rights as reflected in the South Africa Rights Charter.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 27 May 2022Welcome news: increased financial assistance for NSW households facing rising energy bills
- 18 May 2022Facing the Truth about Indigenous Australians
- 18 May 2022Law faces the truth on Indigenous impact
- 16 May 2022Disability discrimination case highlights challenges faced by airline customers travelling with electric wheelchairs
- 2 May 2022Rising electricity prices pushing households to the wall