In its submission to the Tasmanian Consultation on the proposed Human Rights Charter of Rights and Responsibilities. PIAC focuses on identifying the features of effective human rights protection and promotion that it considers necessary to build into the legislation. PIAC supports the introduction of the act to protect all of the rights set out in the ‘International Bill of Rights’ (Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights) as well as third generation rights as reflected in the South Africa Rights Charter.
Media Releases & Coverage
- 24 Nov 2021Parliament must reject ‘worse than feared’ Religious Discrimination Bill
- 17 Nov 2021Axing ‘Folau clause’ small step forward, but bigger problems remain in Religious Discrimination Bill
- 15 Nov 2021Politics triumphs over evidence as Attorneys General fail on raising the age
- 11 Nov 2021Shoebridge Bill highlights need for action to raise the age
- 8 Nov 2021Mental health discrimination by insurers: new report calls for urgent ASIC investigation